For information about how to join Sigma Tau Delta and what we do, go to:
Office Hours Fall 2016-- Monday 1-3 and by appointment
Ph.D. Yale University
Areas of Specialty:
- 20th century American Literature
- World War I
- American Modernism
- Visual Culture/Propaganda Posters
- Gender Studies
- The New Death: American Modernism and World War I (University of Virginia, 2013).
- Picture This! World War I Posters and Visual Culture, ed. Pearl James, University of Nebraska Press, 2009.
- "The Great Gatsby and the Context of World War I," in Approaches to Teaching The Great Gatsby, ed. Jackson Bryer and Nancy VanArsdale (NY: MLA, 2009)
- "The Failure to Mourn in Faulkner’s Sartoris," in Modernism and Mourning, ed. Patricia Rae (Bucknell University Press, 2007): 168-184.
- "'The Enid Problem': Dangerous Modernity in One of Ours," in Cather Studies, vol. 6: History, Memory, and War, ed. by Steven Trout (Lincoln: U Nebraska Press, 2006): 92-128.
- "History and Masculinity in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s This Side of Paradise." Modern Fiction Studies 51.1 (2005): 1-33.
Sigma Tau Delta Faculty Sponsor
Director of Undergraduate Studies