Janet Eldred; Janet Carey Eldred; JCM Eldred
Office Hours (Spring 2016): MW 2-3
Ph.D. University of Illinois, Urbana
Areas of Specialty:
- Creative Writing (essay, creative nonfiction; formal and narrative poetry)
- Editing & Publishing
- More Sonnets from the Portuguese (poetry, Whitepoint Press, 2016)
- Sentimental Attachments: Essays, Creative Nonfiction, and Other Experiments in Composition. Heinemann, 2005. (creative nonfiction & essays)
- "‘Just What the Muscles Grope For’" Fourth Genre 4.2 (2002): 169-73.
- "Modern Fidelity." Fourth Genre 3.2 (2001): 55-69.
- "Children at All Costs." Literal Latte 4.5 (1998) [Roy T. Ames Memorial Essay Award (2nd), Judge: Phillip Lopate], 8-12.
- "The Technology of Voice." College Composition and Communication 48.3 (1997): 334-47. Reprinted as "Technology's Strange, Familiar Voices" in Passions, Pedagogies, and 21st-century Technologies. Eds. Gail E. Hawisher & Cynthia Selfe. Utah State University Press, 1999; Rpt. in Literacies and Technologies: A Reader for Contemporary Writers, 1/e, by Robert P. Yagelski, Longman Publishing, July 2000.
- Literate Zeal. University of Pittsburgh Press, 2012 (hardcover); 2014 (paper). Chinese edition forthcoming 2016.
- Without Ceasing (poetry)
- Essays on Azorean Heritage
- Essay on Emily Hahn