Sigma Tau Delta -- English Club and Honors Society
Sigma Tau Delta
International English Honor Society
Sigma Tau Delta is the International English Honor Society, and the University of Kentucky has a very active chapter. Our chapter acts as the English Student club, and all students are welcome to join as campus members. Our three goals are promoting fellowship, service, and scholarship. We host many fun events for English majors over the course of the year, and we hope to see you at one soon. We always welcome new members.
To be eligible for membership in the national organization, students must have a B (3.0) average in English and overall, they must have completed three semesters of college (or equivalent number of credit-hours) and must have taken two courses in English (beyond the 100-level). If these conditions are met, the student can fill out the membership form and pay a one-time $50.00 dues payment to Sigma Tau Delta. National members have access to publication, internship, scholarship, and leadership opportunities.
For information or to join, please contact:
Pearl James, faculty sponsor
2016 Fall Officers
- President: Megan Marcum
- VP/Liaison with national Sigma Tau Delta organization: Jenny Winstead
- VP of Social Media—Facebook and Twitter: Saxon Marvin
- VP of Social Media—Instagram: Audrey Lovell
- VP of Student Relations: Matthew Bryant Cheney
- VP of Grants: open
- VP of Community Service: Bri Barnett
- Historian: Andrew Thibaudeau
- Literacy Outreach Coordinator: Haley Latta
- Secretary: Kyle Auble
- PEER MENTOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Kyle Auble
Like us on FB: @UKSEA
Or, Check out our website:
Membership form below: Print out and turn in!