Why Choose English?
A Bachelor of Arts in English is a relevant and flexible undergraduate degree that leads to numerous career paths. In this new information age, collecting, reading and writing about complex information for a specific audience is an essential skill. English provides it. In addition, reading literature and watching films provide a chance to experiment with ideas and with possible selves. Books and films allow you to travel in time and space, without ever leaving home. They show you how the world looks through another person's eyes. In a complex world filled with different people, good readers and film analysts have an edge.
English Majors can:
- Read and interpret complex texts
- Think critically
- Write with style and elegance
- Grasp nuance
- Do research using electronic and traditional sources
- Build arguments based on evidence
- Put things they read in a variety of cultural contexts
- Interpret the world around them with sophistication
English Majors can go on to be:
- Information technologists
- Business executives
- Public-relations managers
- Web developers
...In ANY career, you'll need to read and write... Get a head start by majoring in English.