- Doctorate of Philosophy, English / University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, Defended June 2016
Dissertation: “Distinctly American: Performing Humanity in African American Literature from Proto to Post New Negro Renaissance” Dr. Vershawn Young (chair)
- University of Kentucky Gender & Women’s Studies Certificate, completed May 2014
- Master of Arts, English / University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, May 2007
- Bachelor of Arts, English / Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY, May 2005
Research Assistant to Dr. Vershawn Ashanti Young (Fall 2010 through Spring 2013)
Coursework for Teaching:
- GS 630 Instructional Technology, Pedagogies of I.T. in College Teaching (Spring 2015)
- UK ENG 610 Teaching Literature (Spring 2010)
- UK ENG 609 Composition Theory for Teaching Writing Courses (Fall 2009
“Book Review: Keith Clarke’s The Radical Fiction of Ann Petry.” Amerikastudien/American Studies Journal 59.4 (2015).
“Snap! The Marlon Riggs Bibliography.” African American Review E-Project (2012). http://aar.slu.edu/riggs.html --with V. Young
“Introduction.” Code-Meshing as World English: Pedagogy, Policy, Performance, Ed. Vershawn Ashanti Young and Aja Y. Martinez. NCTE (2011) –with V. Young and A. Martinez.