Law Assistance Path
You could be:
- Law firms
- Federal Government Agencies
- State or local government
- Large business corporations
- Public interest law organizations (free legal aide, clinical legal education, pro bono programs, etc.)
- Private legal practices
- Colleges and universities
How do I get here?
- Take part in student government, student senate, pre-law organizations, or the debate team on campus
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and reputable research skills
- Take the time to find an internship in a law firm, a government office, or a shadowing opportunity with an attorney or government official
- Regardless of your interests in the field, take the time to take mediation courses. The extra experience will build your resume.
- Keep a high GPA and form strong bonds with faculty; recommendations will be needed for law school
A Day in the Life