English Scholars Program
Who is Eligible?
All incoming students who declare an English major upon entering college and who have the following:
- a weighted high school GPA of 3.8 or higher
- ACT English or SAT equivalent score of 28 or higher
What are the benefits?
- A tenure-stream professor faculty mentor provided throughout the course of the College career. This mentor provides scholarly and career advice and complements the formal A&S advising.
- Information sessions about campus opportunities including Chellgren & Gaines Fellowships and Study Abroad
- Potential opportunities to engage in independent research with a faculty member (Eng 395, variable credit)
- Informal get-togethers and private readings with creative writing faculty and literature professors
- Preference for internship opportunities
- Opportunities to present creative or scholarly work at Spring Undergraduate Showcase of Excellence
- Meet-and-greet opportunities with English alumni to discuss careers, professional life, the English Major in the Real World
For more information and to apply, please contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Pearl James, firstname.lastname@example.org