You could do:
- Public and Private K-12 Schools
- Colleges and Universities
- Language Institutes (in U.S. and abroad)
- Test Preparation Services
- Tutoring Companies (Kaplan, Sylvan, Varsity, etc.)
- Private Learning Centers (Private tutoring centers or ECE)
- Non-profit Organizations (Teach for America, Teachers Without Borders, KIPP, The New Teacher Project [TNTP])
- Get involved in education leadership roles such as resident advising, peer mentoring, tutoring, writing center work, student advising, etc.
- Seek volunteer opportunities with children such as Big Brother/Big Sister programs, Elementary, Middle, and High School College student mentoring programs, The Study, CATS, summer camps, etc.
- Participate in literary clubs, writing groups, student newspaper, student government, etc.
- Gain student teaching opportunity
- Earn a master’s or doctorate in Secondary Education (various ranks), Student Personnel Services, Higher Education, Social Work, or English
A Day in the Life